Saturday, June 20, 2009

Bon Voyage!

I've been a little distracted this week. School's out, and I have time on my hands, so normally I'd be writing about wacko stuff just to kill time. Not this week, though. This week was full speed ahead with preparations, laundry, cleaning, buying big boy booster seats for Andrew, arranging cat/house sitters, borrowing larger vehicles, etc., because tomorrow morning, bright and early, we hit the road for our favorite destination, the Outer Banks of North Carolina.

We normally look forward to this week, needless to say. Everyone looks forward to their vacation week, right? It gets you through the cold winters, the insanity of work, and the usual humdrum crap of "reality." This year, however, we've looked forward to it for all of those reasons, with some extra special ones thrown in. I wrote the following paragraph as my status update on Facebook earlier, and decided I liked it so much, I wanted it to be here too.

"Tomorrow we leave for our family vacation. Six months ago, when my stepmother was diagnosed with Stage IV lung cancer, she decided that we should all be together at the beach. I write this to remind myself: Be thankful she is doing so well and that we are all able to go. Remember daily why we are there. Make the moments last, make the days unending, and make the trip fulfill all of her wishes."

See, I have a tendency to be easily annoyed. I know that comes a surprise, haha. I have little tolerance for stupidity, inconsideration, and sometimes, just people in general. I would be a great hermit. So put me in situations like this, where many people are trying to co-exist under one roof, and I get a little antsy sometimes. Actually, this combination of people under one roof could probably drive Mother Theresa to curse and throw things, so I won't take all of the blame for it. But I do need to just chill, and not get so easily aggravated. So, that's my reminder. I might have to write it on the palm of my hand for ease of reference, but it's what I'm going to try to do.

I don't know if I'll be back to update during the week or not. I'm sure my parents (geez, how old am I, 14?) are taking the laptop wth them, and I'm sure there will be fodder for blogging, so it's a good bet that I'll be around. If not, though, rest assured that every last activity worth remembering will be detailed here. I'll even 'fess up to being an ass if I lose control of my zen. (Also a pretty safe bet!)

1 comment:

Sara said...

Pssh, excuse me for being 14! Just kidding. (:

-Sara
the-poet-girl.blogspot.com

On Confusion and Covid Tests

Photo credit: https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/ 20200323/new-test-will-give -covid-19-results-in-45-minutes Turns out "confusion&q...