Better late than never, right? I am waaaaay too tired and have a huge headache, but I didn't really think a Six-Pack would be appropriate on Sunday morning, so here we are.
1. I finally got my hair cut. I'm never TRULY happy with my hair, but it's much, much better. And my haircut was free--in a fit of "this is never gonna get done any other way" rage, I came home and cut it in a fury between school and Monday night's basketball game.
2. Tonight was the last home game for JMU Men's Basketball. We had season tickets again this year after a two-year hiatus. I've really enjoyed going to the games, but I'm kind of glad the season is over. Weeknight games were hard on all of us, but I hated to miss games since we invested the money the block of seats. Andrew is going to miss Duke Dog, but we'll look forward to next year.
3. I'm supposed to be out right now, but between a snafu in child care, a splitting headache that I woke up with, and a transportation conundrum, I ended up at home. I was supposed to be out celebrating my sister's birthday (which is not for another week) with her and her friends. So, she's mad at me, I'm sure, but with the vise grip on my head, I'm glad I'm home. I'll be glad in the morning, too, when I'm in my own bed and not hungover, and when I can function and get my usual Sunday STUFF accomplished. And she'll get over it, someday.
4. I need new pillows and new black flats. My pillows are ridiculously gnarled, which has resulted in my neck being ridiculously gnarled. No matter which way I turn it, it hurts on the left side. I hope pillows fix it. As for the shoes--well, eventually my shoes just need to be taken out back and shot. They smell like they're already dead, and it's time to bid them farewell. I just hope I can find some I like that are CHEAP.
5. Our dryer is broken, and has been for about two weeks. It will be sometime next week before the part arrives. It wasn't so bad at first, because I just hung everything up to dry on drying racks in the spare room. But the sheets, towels, and underwear have been my undoing. I can only dry two loads of laundry at a time by hanging them up, and it takes all day and all night, so of course the priority things get run through. Sheets and towels just take up too much room--room that I need for CLOTHES, so there's a mountain of those to do. As for the underwear and socks--they take forever to hang up one by one, so a whole load is a pain in the ass. I've been trying to sneak a few pairs into other loads to lessen the annoyance, but the inevitable has happened. I broke down and washed a whole load of undies this morning, but when we dressed for the game, they were still VERY wet. I searched everywhere for a single pair, but no luck...there's no shame in wearing the hubby's underwear, as long as he's not wearing yours. They're actually very comfortable. I am NOT ashamed.
6. Hubby and I are back on the carb wagon on Monday. I'm going to sit down tomorrow and plan a menu, clean out the fridge, and send James to the grocery store with a clear list of appropriate things. Goodbye bread! It was nice knowing you! If you have any good carb-less recipes, I'd love to hear them. It's easier to do this if I can fight the boredom with some really delicious dishes.