I don't think I'm going to get this post finished while it's still Saturday. That's a pretty good guess, considering I'm starting at 11:44, but I'll give it a shot. If it's heavy on typos, you'll understand why.
1. This was one of the craziest weeks ever at school. I can not give details, but the drama was insane. Am I teaching 7th graders, or "desperate housewives"?
2. Our guests just left a few minutes ago. In the midst of a heavy-duty cleaning/organizing spree, my dad texted and said he wanted to go out drinking tonight. That's unusual, by the way. But, since we didn't have a sitter lined up (along with other reasons), I convinced him to just come down here for dinner and we'd have some drinks. We ended up with most of the family here--both of my sisters and one's boyfriend. We had barbeque and beverages and watched basketball. It was a nice evening. Andrew wore himself out and ended up making a "fort" in a corner between the chair, the end table, and the wall. One second he was singing to himself, the next he was sound asleep in a ball on the floor. Poor kid. It WAS late, and he'd had a really busy day of errands, a hair cut (finally), and a bunch of outdoor play time. After sampling a beer and a Bloody Mary and deciding that nothing really tasted good to me, I settled on Kahlua and milk. Oddly enough, that was good enough to have a few of, calories or no calories.
3. My family is attending a memorial service sponsored by the cancer center where Edna received her treatments tomorrow. I don't know what to expect. Dad is anxious about going, but I don't think it's going to be a big deal. I wouldn't see the necessity in going, either, except he asked us all to. I just want to move on and not keep dredging it all back up again, but he is unable to do that, so we're all sort of stuck in limbo.
I'd rather just stay home.
4. I'm not going to make it before midnight. I've been telling myself to do this all day, but I had so many other pressing things to care about that I put it off. I was confident I'd have time tonight, but had the impromptu dinner party sprung on me, so aaaarrrggghgghgh.
5. Andrew is coughing his head off. I'm going to have to go fight with a groggy, semi-conscious kid about taking medicine. Thank goodness for Triaminc Thin Strips---they're easy to just jam in his mouth, and they dissolve in a jiffy.
6. (Six minutes to go. I think I'll just sit here for a few minutes until it becomes really challenging to beat the deadline. Five. Better start typing again.) The weather has turned nice here, knock on wood. It was sunny and around 50 today. It's supposed to be right around there for the next few days, but Wednesday it's supposed to be 62! C'mon, spring. I NEED you to be here. It would be nice to play hooky and do something fun! Hmmmm...
Whew! I made it! Off to wake the sleeping bear that's on the couch downstairs and weasle some cough medicine into the little guy's mouth before I go into a well-deserved sleep.