Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Words and Actions


When the words and the actions don’t match
When nothing seems to fit
When I feel like the only solution
Is to give up and to quit


Trying to make it work and
Trying to find a reason
Because to keep fighting for this
Love through every season


Is taking every ounce of my
Faith and loyalty
And all I want understood is that
My love doesn’t come for free


In your corner, on your team
Through every bump in the road
But that comes with a serious price
And, eventually, you’ll reap what you sow


Wound me, hurt me, I forgive
And my scars will slowly heal
Ignore me, slight me, brush me off
Eventually, nothing I will feel


Words and actions need to match
It needs to be give and take
Because when there’s nothing left to give
The camel’s back will finally break.

No comments:

On Confusion and Covid Tests

Photo credit: https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/ 20200323/new-test-will-give -covid-19-results-in-45-minutes Turns out "confusion&q...