Tuesday, March 17, 2020

"St. Patrick's Day"

Sitting in the wrought iron chair,
I leaned my head against the backrest
until the decorative flowers pulled one single hair,
as if to keep me from becoming too drowsy in the calm.

The sun was bright, my eyes unused to it,
and I averted my gaze towards
the skeletal hands of the of the tops of the trees,
reaching hopefully towards the sky.



The clouds crawled quickly past my head,
leaving me dizzily thinking I felt the earth moving,
and my stomach lurched as if I were
about to be spun off.

And I held on tight to the chair,
as the clouds pulled back the curtains for the sun,
and I saw, for one brief moment,
a small piece of rainbow. 



(Social distancing Day 5 of the Covid-19 Outbreak)

No comments:

On Confusion and Covid Tests

Photo credit: https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/ 20200323/new-test-will-give -covid-19-results-in-45-minutes Turns out "confusion&q...