Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy Independence Day!

While I don't agree with or support everything that we, as a country, do, I am thankful to live in a nation where I have the freedom to write that. I am thankful to live in a country where my family is able to prosper (although by the skin of our teeth at times), and where my son is able to run freely in his backyard and enjoy being a child without worrying about rampant violence, where his next meal is coming from, or any of the other horrors that ravage too many other parts of the world. With my thanks comes the hope that our country's leaders, both current and future, see fit to do what they can to help those around the world achieve that security and peace of mind, and not under the guise of searching for fictitious threats, and without entangling ourselves in military conflicts. We're blessed with the rights and freedoms to be involved in what our country stands for and takes part in--don't take that for granted. Happy 4th of July.
--T

No comments:

On Confusion and Covid Tests

Photo credit: https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/ 20200323/new-test-will-give -covid-19-results-in-45-minutes Turns out "confusion&q...