Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Wednesday Whatever

I am clearly going through some sort of identity crisis blog-wise.  I wanted to "decorate" it for the holidays, but much like my house after taking down all the bric-a-brac, the "old" look just seemed...blah.  So, here it is, for the second time in two weeks, a new look.  For how long, I don't know...only time, and my mood swings, will tell.

I've also determined that the only way for me to be disciplined about posting is to adopt some regular themes...the Saturday Six-Pack is one of those that I'll be continuing, because it's a super easy way for me to summarize our week when I haven't been struck by amazingly wonderful topics, which seems to be happening a lot lately.  Truth be known, I'm a little scared to write about much that is anything other than trivial.  I've been avoiding those hard topics, such as many of the things we experienced in 2009, like the plague.  I guess I will eventually have to suck it up and vent, and maybe that will stimulate some healing.

On lighter notes, ones which would fit into Andrewisms, are two things that the little guy dropped on me last night at story time.  He has developed an obsession for all things super hero...Super Friends, Spider Man, X-Men...pretty much any of the do-gooders with special powers will satisfy his addiction.  Showing once again that he is "his father's son," he has also developed quite the repertoire of trivial knowledge-the super heroes real names, their powers, who works with whom, etc.  The first story we read last night was The Super Friends:  Going Bananas (nothing but quality literature here, folks).  Looking at the picture of Batman on the cover, Andrew asks, knowing full well the answer, "Mommy, what's Batman's real name?"  He then wanted to know if the Batarang was called the BruceWayneArang when Batman is really his alter ego.  Okay, maybe you had to be there, but it was funny last night.

The next book up...

In this installment, Harold draws a castle, but...

Andrew said, "Mommy, he should have colored it in, then he could have gotten in."  In the hopes that the copyright police won't come after me, let me just say that you should BUY the Harold series for whatever child or grandchild you might have to buy for.  They are very cute and imaginative, and a good read for any young child.

After wasting an incredible amount of time redesigning and then posting, it's probably time to take my scarf off (I'm still cold and ready for SPRING) and make sure that dinner is progressing into actual food and not a kitchen catastrophe.  And the dinner bell rings...

2 comments:

Tamara said...

PS---I should practice what I preach about revising and editing. I definitely have some verb tense consistency issues here and there, but I'm too lazy to go back and fix them. I DO know better, AND I saw them!

Tobye said...

I'm going through the same thing with the posting. I don't want to write just trivial nonsense, but right now, it's just too hard to write anything else. Here's hoping we figure it out. :)

On Confusion and Covid Tests

Photo credit: https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/ 20200323/new-test-will-give -covid-19-results-in-45-minutes Turns out "confusion&q...