Thursday, March 18, 2010

Poetry Challenge

Anyone up for writing poetry today?  I'm doing this in the hopes of dragging some of you lurkers out of hiding, but also because writing poetry is GOOD FOR THE SOUL!  If my seventh graders can do it, so can you!

It's easy, but there's a catch:  I want you to follow the format shown below.  Write your poem and leave it in a comment to this post.  I wish I could offer fabulous prizes, but I can't.  I will, however, publish your poem with your name and a link to your blog (if you have one) in your VERY OWN FEATURED POST.  So, choose a topic, use the format, and have fun!  I want to be BLOWN AWAY with responses, so GET ON IT!  I'm working on mine!

Format:

◊ 8 lines—2 stanzas of 4 lines each

The first 7 lines begin with an adverb (many, but not all, of these are -ly words)

◊ The last line is a statement beginning with the, an, or a.

◊ The rhyme scheme for each stanza is AABB.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Surprisingly I post yada yada yada
Literally you guess nada nada nada
Skillfully you must be wondering who who who
Doubtfully checking off you you you

Anonymously I post to this hee hee hee
Hopefully you guess it's me me me
Finally the last clue just one one one
A word study master ... I'm done done done

Tamara said...

LOVE IT, mystery lurker! Of course I know who you are! :-)
Study word study words!

On Confusion and Covid Tests

Photo credit: https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/ 20200323/new-test-will-give -covid-19-results-in-45-minutes Turns out "confusion&q...