Monday, June 07, 2010

So Many Topics...

...so little time.  The last few weeks have been a whirlwind of activity.  We've been at our "home away from home" quite a bit, school is winding down, and we've had graduation events, soccer games for James to announce, and all kinds of craziness going on.  Combine that with the fact that, until yesterday's installation of the window units from heaven, the upstairs of our house was 80+ degrees, even at night, and the result is me with no time or desire to be in the office in front of the computer.

Finally, though, school will be out tomorrow.  My work days will finish up on Thursday, and we'll settle in for what promises to be a busy and eventful summer break.  I've resigned myself to the fact that if I want to post regularly, I might just have to invest in a laptop, because I plan for us to be at the lake as much as possible.  I even suggested to the hubby that he commute from the lake house to work (only an hour and a half!).  He didn't bite. 

Andrew finishes up at preschool this week, which is bittersweet, to say the least.  But I keep reminding myself that we're getting an almost-$600-a-month pay raise when we don't have to pay for it anymore, and that makes the tears flow more slowly.  At least until I have to put him on the bus on the day after his birthday!  We're making an effort to stay in contact with some of his good friends from school, because they'll all be scattered to different elementary schools (others will stay behind at preschool), but we'll see how that goes.

I have a to-do list a mile long as I focus on the important stuff...no, not closing out the school year!  Getting household stuff finished so we can run off to the lake for another long weekend, trying to get stuff squared away at the lake house (things like running water in the bathroom, getting the toilet to function, and building a little kitchenette---minor stuff like that), and making plans for our Florida trip, which is coming up in a few weeks. 

Anyway, I'll do my best to be back before the week is out.  There are pictures and rambling thoughts to post...I just need another one of me to actually be able to do it! 

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Wow!!!! You could do a lot with $600! I'll send you some tissues, HAHAHA. :-)

Tam said...

Well Finally Schools out. Next month we have OPEN house for School which starts Aug 8...MY summer is already almost over..LOL

Have a great time off!

On Confusion and Covid Tests

Photo credit: https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/ 20200323/new-test-will-give -covid-19-results-in-45-minutes Turns out "confusion&q...