Tuesday, December 31, 2013

For Auld Lang Syne


I'm in a writing slump.  No blog posts, no progress on my NaNoWriMo book that sort of died a painless death, no poetry.  Just nothing.  But I don't like the idea of my lonely blog sitting here all through the month of December with no attention.  Nobody likes that.  And so, while I should be making preparations for tonight's brouhaha that I don't feel like hosting or even attending, I'm sitting here with my cinnamon-sprinkled coffee, looking back over the highlights and lowlights of the sort of yucky year that has been 2013.  I'll be glad to see that bitch hit the road.

Here goes, the year in review.  Also a shameless ploy to get you to read blog posts that you may have missed.  Oh well.  Shameless is my middle name.  I've linked the posts that I felt were the most significant for each month, both good and bad.  Check them out tomorrow, when you're too hungover to do anything else.

January:  "Things I Learned at the Hospital"
February:  "Saturday Six-Pack"
March:  "Nothing Gold Can Stay"
April: "Retrointrospect"
May: "Back Atcha, Tootsie Wootsie!"
June: "The Zen of Lawn Care"
July: "Paddle into the Wind"
August: "Paging Ranger Smith"
September: "A Road Trip is Good for the Soul"
October: "Au Revoir, October"
November:  "Too Much Trauma for a Tuesday"
December---well, this one will have to do.  I have written nothing else, sadly.

"Should Old Acquaintance be forgot,
and never thought upon;
The flames of Love extinguished,
and fully past and gone;
Is thy sweet Heart now grown so cold,

that loving Breast of thine;
That thou canst never once reflect,
On Old long syne."

"Old Long Syne"  James Watson, 1711


Happy New Year, everyone.

No comments:

On Confusion and Covid Tests

Photo credit: https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/ 20200323/new-test-will-give -covid-19-results-in-45-minutes Turns out "confusion&q...